Animals on board
If you wish to carry your pet with you in the passenger cabin, you need to book its flight. Carpatair accepts the carriage of your pet in standard boxes, which you should provide.
- Only cats and small dogs may be transported as cabin baggage, within the limits specified below.
- Only one pet container is allowed per passenger.
The following maximum dimensions must be respected in relation to pet in cabin:
- The container must not exceed H26xL50xW35 cm (H = height, L = length, W = width)
- The container plus the animal must not weigh more than 6 kg. Should these dimensions and weight be exceeded, the animal cannot be carried in cabin; it will be transported in the cargo compartment.
- Please take into consideration that there is a limited number of pets allowed per flight – maximum 4 on a Fokker 100, and maximum 6 on a Boeing 737. If you fail to book your pet’s flight, Carpatair can only guarantee the transport if the total number of pets accepted on your flight is not exceeded and if the dimensions/weight are within the specified limits.
Before taking your pet with you, you should be aware of the following transportation rules:
- If you carry a pet, you cannot be seated in an emergency exit row or in the first row
- You must stow the pet container under the front seat. You have to make sure that even if turned aside, the content of the box does not leak and that the pet can lie in a natural position.
- The container must be bite- and leak-proof and must ensure sufficient ventilation even when closed.
- The pet must fit into the container completely in a natural position.
- The pet must stay in the container during the entire flight.
You must take care that your pet:
- Is clean
- Is healthy (you will be asked to present an international travel passport for your pet)
- Has the proper vaccination certificates
- Is not pregnant
Charges applied to transportation of pets in cabin
- Carpatair will charge 75.00 euro per PETC per one-way flight for international flights
ANIMALS IN THE CARGO COMPARTMENT
- Live animals may be carried in the hold of the aircraft as checked baggage
- Generally, dogs and cats can be transported only
- Prior notification at the time of booking is required
- Animals can only be accepted if kept in special air transport containers and are within the limits of accepted live animals on the respective flight (for example, fur length, maximum number of animals per flight, breed, sex, etc.)
- Please note that Carpatair does not provide such pet containers and you are required to bring your own.
- The owner must have all the necessary documents for animal transportation
- Please take into consideration that there is a limited number of animals allowed per flight – maximum 3 per hold on a Fokker 100 and maximum 6 per hold on Boeing 737. If you fail to book your animal’s flight, Carpatair can only guarantee the transport if the total number of animals accepted on your flight is not exceeded.
Charges applied to transportation of animals in the cargo compartment
- Carpatair will charge 75.00 euro per AVIH weighingless than 25 kg, including cage
- Carpatair will charge 150 euro per AVIH weighing more than 25 kg, including cage
- No fee will be charged if the animal accompanies visually impaired passengers or passenger with limited mobility (PLM).
- Taking into account the provision of EC Regulation No 998/2003 on the animal health requirements applicable to the non-commercial movement of pet animals from Non-EU countries to EU countries, we inform you about the followings:
– Carpatair will not accept on Carpatair flights KIV-LTN and LTN-KIV pet animals, PETC and AVIH, due to very restricted regulations in force.
- Taking into account the provisions of Order 49 / 2011 for veterinary norm on animal health conditions for introduction into Romania of pets from third countries (non-EU countries) and the procedure for non-commercial movement veterinary inspection of animals at entry points in Romania, we inform you the following:
– Introduction into Romania by air of pets (PETC and AVIH) from non-EU countries (e.g. Moldova, Ukraine) that are not for sale or transfer of ownership and are accompanied by their owner or a person responsible is not permitted.
For further details, please contact Carpatair.