Special categories of passengers
Meet and Assist
Meet and Assist service can be provided, if you need to be guided to and from the aircraft or the airport terminal building when necessary. This service is available for deaf, blind, senior citizens or any other passengers needing guidance due to lack of foreign language knowledge.
Companions providing assistance
If you are not capable of taking care of all your physical needs independently, you are requested to travel with a companion who can assist you.
Security check for Passengers with Reduced Mobility
In order to prevent possible delays to flight due to the airport security check which must be adapted to the form and degree of disability of each passenger with reduced mobility, we advise you to present at the airport in due time to complete this formality.
Safety regulations stipulate that passengers with special needs should not be seated at emergency exits or in cross aisles that form part of emergency exit routes.
We will do our best to allocate you a seat that is most suitable for 2-12 years as a general rule benefits from up to 33% discount on our flights. There can be exceptions, in case of an unaccompanied child, or promotional prices. During the flight, our attendants will offer sweets and small gifts for your children.
We recommend you though to prepare for your child a small soft toy, warm clothes, wet wipes, and necessary medication in your hand baggage.
An infant between 0-2 years as a general rule benefits from 90% discount on our flights. They are not entitled to a seat of their own, but are carried in their parents’ lap. Please ask if you can take your baby basket with you on board.
Unaccompanied minor is considered:
1. A child between 5 and 12 years, not accompanied by an adult over 18 years
2. A youth between 12 and 18 years traveling alone
General rule – limitations by age
The „unaccompanied minor” procedure must be applied for all children between 05 and 12 years old, regardless the citizenship.
Exceptions – limitations by age
1. Minor – Romanian citizen
- The „unaccompanied minor” procedure must be applied for all Romanian citizens between 05 and 18 years old when departing Romanian territory
- The „unaccompanied minor” procedure will be applied for Romanian citizens between 12 and 18 years old by request when arriving to Romania.
2. Minor – Moldavian citizen
- The „unaccompanied minor” procedure must be applied for all Moldavian citizens between 05 and 18 years old when departing from Republic of Moldova’s territory.The „unaccompanied minor” procedure will be applied for Moldavian citizens between 12 and 18 years old by request when arriving to Republic of Moldova.
3. Minor – Ukrainian citizen
- The „unaccompanied minor” procedure must be applied for all Ukrainian citizens between 05 and 16 years old when departing from Ukraine.
- The „unaccompanied minor” procedure will be applied for Ukrainian citizens between 12 and 16 years old by request when arriving to Ukraine.
- You must notify Carpatair by the time of booking that you need UMNR service and you will receive all the necessary information for the flight.
- We recommend you to inform about the necessary documents for a UMNR required by the Border Police in the country of destination.
- Please make sure that you present all the requested documentation at the time of check-in and that they are all valid.
- At check-in, our agent will ask you some questions in order to fill out a UMNR Declaration Form, which advises Carpatair who will be meeting your child upon arrival. You will also be asked for your contact details just in case there is any disruption to the flight.
- You are requested to stay with your child until boarding.
- Our cabin crew will look after your child during the flight.
- At destination, we will take care of your child until we hand him/her over to the person who is nominated by you to pick him/her up at the airport. In case there is a connection flight with another airline, our agent will hand the child over to a member of the respective airline.
- An unaccompanied minor will be charged an adult fare
- The amount for the UMNR fee applicable for Carpatair flights is 35.00 EUR / segment for each UMNR passenger.
- We do not recommend air travel for pregnant women within the last seven days prior to confinement and within the first seven days after delivery.
- Premature babies will not be accepted within the first 7 days after birth unless subject to medical clearance.
- We recommend that healthy new-born babies provided not prematurely born travel only after the first seven days from birth.
- If you are before the 28th week of pregnancy by the date of travel, you must hold a medical certificate confirming the expected confinement date.
- If you are between the 28th and 36th week of pregnancy, you must also present a medical clearance from your Doctor, stating the week of pregnancy, your estimated date of delivery and that your medical condition allows you to travel by air.
- In addition, when you arrive at check-in, you will be requested to fill out the Company Declining Responsibility Declaration for Pregnant Women.
- Between the 32nd and the 36th week of pregnancy, you are accepted for transport with an escort only.
- After the 36th week of pregnancy, we cannot accept you on our flights.
- We cannot allow a pregnant woman bearing an advanced pregnancy to travel with infant on any of our flights.
Traveling with your own wheelchair
You need to ask for special permission when booking is made for mobility aid exceeding 30 kg because of weight and space restrictions.
For the time being, we cannot accommodate any stretchers on our flights.